Markus goes big-bang-London. Ever wondered why on earth a guy from the heart of Switzerland would want to leave the pristine beauty of Helvetia and move to dirty, noisy and upmarket London? Find out...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fish & Chips

It’s now already more than a month since I arrived on the island. I have successfully warded off any attempts of friends and collegues to make me eat fish & chips, I have victoriously managed to get an interview for a National Insurance Number (NIN), I have established the first contact to an unknown species called aristocracy, and I am about to mesh into British lifestyle (with some noteworthy exceptions, of course).

What bothers me most is, however, that I’m still waiting for an invitation to Buckingham Palace. All my attempts of catching HM the Queen’s attention have failed so far. Whatever happened to the famous British politeness?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you offered to take Lizzie R to the Chippie you'd get an invite :)
David

11:17 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home