Markus goes big-bang-London. Ever wondered why on earth a guy from the heart of Switzerland would want to leave the pristine beauty of Helvetia and move to dirty, noisy and upmarket London? Find out...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Liquid sunshine

Liquid sunshine? No, we haven't had much so far. The weather has been fine, despite all the nasty comments I received when I left Switzerland.
In fact, I haven't used my umbrella so far. Fair enough, it was quite cold a couple of days ago, which, however, is largely due to the quality (or lack thereof) of British housing.

Totally useless fact: Did you know that London has actually less rainfall than Rome?

Apparently, it does. Touch wood.

Hence, jokes like these are absolutely inappropriate (but they're funny nevertheless):
- Hi, did you have a good Summer in England?
- Yes indeed, we had a great picnic that afternoon...

However, talking about the weather is a sign of utter mastery of the English language:
This morning, I was walking outside, when suddenly a big shower fell on me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was at London Heathrow last Sunday morning for a few hours and it was raining cats and dogs. It is a pity that I couldn't make it to the picnic that afternoon ;-)

7:15 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home